Mixed bag of results for U15’s & Ladies

Sunday’s opening round of London League U15’s & Ladies matches produced a mixed bag of results for all three teams.


The day started at Laytmer Upper Scholl down on the River Thames & our young “B” side started their Div Two campaign against Haringey Aquatics.

The team took an early lead only for Haringey to level & then take the lead themselves however the team hi back to draw level at 2-2 just before HT.

The second half was a much-improved performance as our defence with stood any Haringey attacks & with another goal from Thomas Spinks his third of the match we won 3-2.

The team’s second match of the day was against WL Hillingdon and in early opening exchanges Haringey took a slender half time lead at 2-3. Into the second half and defensive errors allowed Hillingdon to take a 2-5 however the team mounted a fight-back and with time running out they had pulled back to 4-5 but several chances were then missed and the game finished with a win to Hillingdon.

The final match of the day was against WL Latymer who had beaten Hillingdon 9-1 in an earlier match so we know we would have a tough game on our hands in the first half the team focused on a ball line press and this worked well for the majority of the half but with half time approaching Latymer managed to find a way through to take a 2-0 lead. The second half was really all one way traffic as the school team scored a further 4 goals. We had our own chances but these weren’t taken and Latymer deservedly won.

Sunday’s team was:

Eric Sirghi (GK), Jack Leeson, Ana Shaw, Luka Shaw, Bryce Myburgh, Tanush Pandey, Thomas Spinks, Sophie Priory, Alex Chambers.

The Next tournament will be on the 10th June at Hillingdon Pool.

 Over at QE Boys School our ladies started their Div Two campaign…

The team started against Bexley and took a first quarter lead at 2-1 with goals from Spinks & Brooks.

The second half saw Bexley hit back to level the match at 3-3 after Watford had extended their lead to 3-1 thanks to an Anna Leeson strike. But with Half time approaching Bexley took the lead for the first time at 4-3.

Into the second half & Bexley extended their lead to 3-5 but Watford hit back to level at 5-5 with efforts from Wael & Brooks and then took the lead at 6-5 with another goal from Spinks.

The final quarter saw Bexley level the match again at 6-6 thanks to a man-up and they then took the lead again at 7-6 Watford responded to level at 7-7 via Leeson but another major foul by the Watford defence allowed Bexley to snatch the lead back at 8-7. With 1.26 to play a goal from Wael had the scores level at 8-8. Both teams then created chances in the last few seconds of the game but none could be taken & the teams shared the points after drawing 8-8.

The second match of the day against London Orca’s was very much one-sided as the London side won 10-4 with Orca’s N0 4 T Oti scoring seven of the team’s goals.

The game was competitive up to half time as the first quarter closed 2-1 & then 5-3 to Orac’s. The Watford goals came via Spinks (2) & Wael. The second half & Orca’s took control to win each quarter 2-1 & 3-0. The final Watford goal came via Leeson.

The Team for this Sunday’s two matches is:

Rose Younger, Anna Leeson, Amelia Spinks, Farida Wael, Misha Patel, Borbala Molnar, Victoria Stewart, Rosie Brooks, Eve Ilari, Jasmine Velani,

The Next tournament will be on the 3rd June at Whitgift School.

 The afternoon finished over at Whitgift  School as our A side started their Div One campaign.

The team had two matches and started against Chelmsford the opening quarter was a cagey affair as it finished 2-2 with goals from Ryan Dennis & Arish Patel.

The second period saw Watford establish a two goal lead at 5-3. Patel hit a brace with Dennis grabbing the other.

Into the second half and Watford built on their lead with a superb quarter as the team scored four times without reply to extend their lead at 9-3. This time Dennis hit a brace, Patel & Dillon Valeni got one each.

The final period saw Watford hold on to their lead but Chelmsford won the quarter 2-4. Patel hit another brace in the quarter to take his tally to six for the match. Final-score 11-7.

The second game of the day was against a fresh Worthing side and with south coast side having four subs to our one tiredness took its toll in the final period. Up to that point the game was competitive as we trailed 3-5 but a last quarter that saw Worthing score three unanswered goals gave them the victory at 3-8.

Sunday’s Team will be:

Max Dingle, Dylan Munday, Ryan Dennis, Tobias Molnar, Laura Page, Arish Patel, Dillan Velani, Sabrina Radzik-Rahman.

Next Tournament will be on 17th June at QE Boys School.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>