Code of Conduct for Players
• Treat all members and persons associated with Swim England with due dignity and respect.
• Treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with Swim England on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or nationality.
• The use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and may result in action being taken through the club disciplinary or child welfare policy.
• Display a high standard of behaviour at all times. Always report poor behaviour by others to an appropriate club officer.
• Recognise and celebrate the good performance and success of fellow club or team members.
• Treat your coach and fellow players with respect.
• Make your coach aware if you have difficulties attending training sessions for your group.
• Arrive in good time on poolside before the training session starts to complete a poolside warm up as directed by your coach.
• If you arrive late report to your coach before entering the pool.
• Ensure you have all your equipment with you.
• If you need to leave the pool for any reason during training inform your coach before doing so.
• Listen to what your coach is telling you at all times and obey instructions given.
• Always train hard and practice moves as instructed.
• Do not obstruct others during training.
• Think about what you are doing during training and if you are having problems discuss them with your coach at an appropriate time.
• If you have any problems with the behaviour of fellow club members report them in time to an appropriate adult.
• At matches whether they are local, regional or national behave in a manner that shows respect to both your club and coach, officials and other club members of all competing teams.
• You will be requires to attend matches that the Head Coach has selected you for, unless previously agreed otherwise.
• You must wear club kit i.e. Watford Trunks, club shirt as laid down by the club.
• Report to your Coach/Team manager on arrival on poolside.
• Warm-up before the event as directed by the coach and ensure you fully prepare yourself for the match.
• Be part of the team. Stay with the team on poolside. If you have to leave poolside for any reason inform and in some cases get consent from the Team Manager/coach before doing so.
• Support your team mates. Everyone likes to be supported and they will support you.
• Swim down (where possible) after the match, as advised by your coach. Your behaviour in the swim down facility must be appropriate and respectful to other users at all times.
• Never leave an event without the explicit agreement of the coach or team manager.